I’ll tell you what fellow coffee lovers, this time of year is when we here at The Coffee Kingdom crave all drinks warm and delicious! Coffee, Lattes, Hot Toddies, Buttered Rum, Hot Coco, Hot Apple Cider, you name it we want to drink it!! 🙂
There is nothing more comforting in the late fall, when snow is threatening to fly, than cuddling up with your loved ones in front of a fire and drinking a nice hot beverage of your choice. Whether an adult drink or one for all ages, I encourage you to check out some of those great holiday recipes out there that give you the perfect ending to the day.
We found a few we wanted to share with you and would Love to try some of yours favorite recipes!
- 2 quarts (64 ounces or 8 cups) apple cider
- Six 3-inch cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 medium orange
- ⅛ cup whole cloves
- Rum of your choice (optional)
- Additional cinnamon sticks for serving.
- Pour apple cider into a 2.5-quart or larger Crock Pot or other slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks to cider.
- With a toothpick, poke holes all around the orange, about ½ inch to 1 inch apart. Carefully poke the cloves into the toothpick holes in the orange (see photo below). Place orange into the cider in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours. Ladle into mugs along with an ounce or so of rum if using. Place a cinnamon stick in each glass. Serve.
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- Miniature marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Do Not Boil.
2. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Beat with rotary beater or whisk until foamy. Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired. Five 8-oz. servings.
VARIATIONS: Add one of the following with the vanilla extract:
SPICED COCOA: 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Serve with cinnamon stick, if desired.
MINT COCOA: 1/2 teaspoon mint extract OR 3 tablespoons crushed hard peppermint candy OR 2 to 3 tablespoons white creme de menthe. Serve with peppermint candy stick, if desired.
CITRUS COCOA: 1/2 teaspoon orange extract OR 2 to 3 tablespoons orange liqueur.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
3 cups hot whole milk
4 teaspoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
6 ounces double-strength brewed coffee
3 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream
3 pinches pumpkin pie spice
Combine the hot milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender; blend until frothy. Pour the mixture into 3 coffee mugs to about 2/3 full. Pour 2 ounces coffee into each mug. Garnish each mug with whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice.
- Homemade Crockpot Apple Cider (redtri.com)
- Easy Bourbon Ginger-Apple Cider (mavenhavenblog.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Mix (alidoesit.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte Starbucks Copy Cat Recipe (thetexasfoodnetwork.wordpress.com)
- Fall in a Cup: Pumpkin Spice Latte (thecoffeebeanbuzz.wordpress.com)